For family dinners, simple food preparation for picky eaters might be a lifesaver making meal prepping a vital hero for all! Here are some delicious, simple, and nutritious recipes that are certain to please! Each dish includes time-saving guidelines for meal preparation in advance!
If you have picky eaters in your home, it can be difficult to create healthful meals that they would enjoy. Let’s be honest, having picky eaters at home can be tiring! One week, they adore something, and the next, they’re bored with it. If your picky eaters are children, you may locate one or two foods that they will eat and stick to them. If the picky eaters happen to be an adult, it is more difficult since you cannot get them to try new foods.
With this in mind, I have compiled a list of dinner meal prep ideas that have been successful for picky eaters. Take note that not everyone will enjoy every single recipe on the list. However, it’s a good starting point, so ideally you can include these simple dinners in your meal planning.
Tips for hassle-free meal prepping
- Stock up on easy to use ingredients
Once you have determined your themes, you can stock simple ingredients for each theme! For instance, if the theme is Mexican, you may always have ground beef, chicken, black beans, tomatoes, tortillas, cheese, and Mexican spices on hand. From there, you can create so many simple supper variants.
2. Have Dinner themes
Themes are allocated cuisines or culinary varieties for specific days of the week. Examples include Taco Tuesday, Meatless Monday, and Slow Cooker Saturday. The goal is not to restrict your alternatives, but rather to provide you with guidance and inspiration by laying out your options and helping you develop a simple meal plan.
Why choose dinner themes for fussy eaters?
- They can become family traditions that foster unforgettable memories.
- Once you establish which themes work best, it is easier to expand the horizons of finicky eaters while targeting their favored flavors or food kinds.
- Themes provide structure and direction for meal programs. This makes the available options less daunting. It helps picky eaters break out of their food rut and begin eating healthier.
- Once themes are established, you can always have consistent ingredients and nutritious dishes on hand, making meal preparation for finicky eaters even simpler.
- Begin by selecting four to six cuisines that your family members (particularly fussy eaters) enjoy. Additionally, you can choose preferred cooking methods or meal categories. For example, slow-cooker on hectic nights. Plus, casseroles and one-bowl dinners are required.
Prepare ingredients or meals ahead of time
Preparing meal components or full meals in advance is the ultimate time- and stress-saver. It is of utmost importance when you have fussy eaters, as dinners may become more stressful.